THE AIMS AND OBJECTIVES FOR WHICH THE ASSOCIATION IS FORMED
- To bring the old students of all the departments of Periyar University, Salem, under one forum for exchange of experience, dissemination of knowledge and talents amongst its members and also for the furtherance of fellowship, advancement of scientific knowledge in general of the members of the Association and country.
- To conduct national, international seminars, conferences and workshops, endowment lectures and other academic activities and also to keep in touch with one another of the University faculty, non-teaching staff and students.
- To provide placement opportunities to all the alumnus through organizing job fair and also linkage with various industries.
- To organize international level educational tour programme.
- To create awareness about the educational opportunities through organizing educational Expo every year.
- To create and establish Alumni endowments for granting scholarships, prizes and medals to the students showing high proficiency in their studies and honor former students of the University.
- To promote young entrepreneurs by organizing various entrepreneurship development programme, Entrepreneurs awareness programme, trade fairs and Exhibitions.
- To promote co operative society to provide books, stationeries, food and any other necessities to the students and others at a subsidized cost in the university premises.
- To advise and interact with State and Central Government Bodies, Universities and Associations of other academic institutions on matters relating to promotion of Higher education, training and management systems and thereby promote the welfare and status of the university.
- To collect funds by subscriptions, contributions, donations and gifts from members, non-members, governments, universities and other institutions and philanthropists for furtherance of the above objectives.
- To render financial aid to deserving poor students studying at the university and provide monetary and academic help to their further studies.
- To render financial aid to deserving alumni in cases of extreme compassionate circumstances.
- To publish out magazines, souvenirs and newsletters highlighting the activities of the university and its alumni.
- To organize cultural and educational programmes and also to conduct alumni day celebrations every year.
- To help the alumni to get advice from the university on various technical problems and job opportunities that they may come across in their work and real life.
- To educate the student community in the areas conservative usage of water and electricity.
- To create awareness among the student community about the harmful effect of plastic and non-composite items.
- To perform all such activities this may be necessary for the fulfillment of the objectives of the association.
It is a non-governmental, non-profitable association.
ENROLLMENT OF MEMBERS:
All Individual member will be become a life member only they shall pay the life membership fee of Rs.10,000.
The students who are passed out (post graduate, M.Phil, Ph.D-Part time & Full time) students of all the departments of Periyar University are eligible to become an individual member.
Students pursuing post graduation (second year) and Research (M.Phil, Ph.D.-Part time & Full time) programme are also eligible to become an individual member.
Entrance fee and subscription:
- An entrance fee of Rs.100/- and the annual subscription of Rs.100/- will be collected from the individual member.
- One time membership fee of Rs.10,000/- will be collected from the life member for his/ her membership
- Annual subscription of Rs.500/- will be collected from the founder member for his/ her membership