PERIYAR UNIVERSITY TECHNOLOGY ENTREPRENEURSHIP AND RESEARCH PARK (PUTER PARK)
PERIYAR UNIVERSITY’S TECHNOLOGY INCUBATION and SKILL DEVELOPMENT CENTRE
- To nurture culture of innovation at campus.
- To create startup ecosystem at campus.
- To inculcate a culture of innovation driven entrepreneurship in the state.
- To promote new technology/ knowledge/ innovation based startups.
- To provide a platform for speedy commercialisation of technology developed by new entrepreneurs.
- To build a vibrant startup ecosystem, by establishing a network between academia, financial institutions, industries, and other institutes
- Helping idea to translate into reality and upgrade them to the level of commercial value.
- Economic development, employment generation (targeting disadvantaged groups) and technology commercialization
- Creation and development of sustainable, globally competitive SMEs that contribute towards the accelerated growth of the State and Nations’ economy
- Supporting selected groups (i.e. women entrepreneurship)
- To encourage solving real problems.
- To create value added jobs and services
- To recognize the importance of innovating market-based and viable methods and products to optimize the opportunities in the environment
- setting up SKILL DEVELOPMENT LANDSCAPE through Build, Operate and Transfer (BOT) model on NEW AGE SKILLS,a conventional PPP model, in which Private Partner is responsible to Design, Build, Operate (during the contract period) and Transfer back the facility to the Public Sector(Academia).
- Enable training in Interdisciplinary and Transdisciplinary skills as per the NSQF for the aspirational industrial sectors in Industry 4.0 technologies.
- PERIYAR UNIVERSITY broadens the access to ENTREPRENEURSHIP by setting up a Technology Business Incubator
- to provide resource for establishing companies that convert knowledge into societal benefits
- to foster Incubation activities and Entrepreneurial skills in the Technology based areas, particularly to begin with Information, Intelligence and Immersive Technologies
- provide a platform for prospective Entrepreneurs to start-up an enterprise or a business firm that would provide job opportunities to students as well
- to foster successful entrepreneurs and develop industry in the Knowledge and Technology based area.
- Incubating novel technology and business ideas into viable commercial products or services.
Recognizing the Vision of Government of Tamil Nadu to enhance its footprint as a knowledge driven economy with the objective of ensuring availability of skilled and employable human capital, Periyar University has expanded its operations to facilitate New Age Skill Development Programs in partnership with industries. The University’s thrust on the supply of “employable” labor to aspirational sectors have catalyzed dynamic “pull and push factors” that have set the momentum for their growth and created increased demand for such services.
Periyar University recognizes the importance of innovating market-based and viable methods and products to optimize the opportunities in the environment for matching skills needs of the industry and commerce, with the needs of the young population in search of gainful employment or Entrepreneur.
Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Grameen Kaushalya Yojana - DDUGKY
DDU-GKY is uniquely focused on rural youth between the ages of 15 and 35 years from poor families. As a part of the Skill India campaign, it plays an instrumental role in supporting the social and economic programs of the government like the Make In India, Digital India, Smart Cities and Start-Up India, Stand-Up India campaigns. Over 180 million or 69% of the country’s youth population between the ages of 18 and 34 years, live in its rural areas. Of these, the bottom of the pyramid youth from poor families with no or marginal employment number about 55 million.
ENQUIRY FORM ADMISSION FORM