- Resolved to request the Government of Tamilnadu to allocate 250 acres of land for the expansion of Periyar University to start more departments & programmes and staff quarters.
- Resolved to request the Government of Tamilnadu to permit to construct new buildings in Periyar University and also request the Government of Tamilnadu to grant funds to the same for developing new departments.
- Resolved to start various schools comprising of social sciences, physical sciences, chemical sciences, mathematical sciences, biological sciences, languages etc in Periyar University at the earliest.
- Resolved to start new media studies at the degree and certificate level.
- Resolved to start new diploma and certificate courses in the Departments.
- Resolved to generate more funds through projects and schemes from various funding agencies and to motivate the faculties to apply projects on innovative areas.
- Resolved to conduct workshops for project writing to the young faculties of Periyar University and also to teachers of affiliated colleges.
- Resolved to provide ramp in hostels and other buildings for the differentially able persons.
Members of Planning Board